I’ve shared how to make these delicious + easy breakfast sandwiches on Instagram many of times, but I wanted to share it on here as well so you guys can always have an easy way to access it in case you want to make it. These low carb sandwiches simply taste amazing and honestly, taste pretty damn similar to Mc D’s McGriddles! You can simply make them a McMuffin by not adding any syrup to it, but I like mine with a little bit of sugar free syrup, which makes them just like a McGriddle! YUMMM
Now, obviously these sandwiches aren’t as easy as going through the drive thru, but you can make several at a time and freeze them, which is what I like doing! It definitely helps when you are on a pinch and need to grab a bit to eat really quick, which by the way re-heat perfectly one frozen and they still taste as great!
As far as the bread, I make the 90 second bread when making these sandwiches and my secret to making such great McGriddles, is searing the bread on a pan with some butter until it gets nice and toasty!
All it takes to make these simple breakfast sandwiches are a few simple ingredients
90 second bread Ingredients
- 2 TBSP almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 TSP baking powder
- 1 TBSP buter
- coconut/avocado/baking spray for mug or coat mug with butter
- spray mug with spray or coat with butter
- melt butter in bowl for 10-15 seconds
- add almond flour Into melted butter
- add baking power into bowl
- add 1 egg into bowl
- mix until well combined then pour into mug
- place in microwave for 90 seconds
- once done remove bread from mug and let it cool down then slice in half
- 90 second bread (sliced)
- 1 breakfast sausage
- 1 egg
- American cheese
- cook sausage in pan until done and
- add sliced American cheese on top of sausage and place lid on top of pan to melt cheese faster
- remove sausage and in same pan add 1 egg and cook how you like it. Season egg with a little salt/pepper
- remove egg and add 1/2 tbsp of butter and add sliced 90 second bread to pan to toast. Cook until nice and golden brown.
- assemble sandwich how you like it
- enjoy just like that or add a little sugar free syrup/regular syrup. Enjoy!
If you give these a try, let me know how you like them down in the comments below. Also, please keep in mind, this recipe is not mine. I’ve re-created the 90 second keto bread from @lowcarblove on IG, but i’m sure you can tweak or add seasoning or anything like that to the ingredients, if you prefer.
Don’t forget to save this post to your Pinterest!