Typically when it comes to New Year goals, I have many. I typically have a self goal, life goal, travel goal, work goal, and the biggest of all a weightless goal.
This year I decided instead of having many goals and working on those throughout the year, I’m just going to focus on one goal. The most importance of them all, which is my health!
Let’s get real…. I’ve made so many excuses throughout my life, and it’s honestly my biggest battle I face. I’ve been facing it all my life, BUT as much as I have a big challenge ahead, I also want to be healthy for my kids, a good role model to them, and live a long and healthy life.
I feel like the more I give into food, not only am I gaining even more weight, but now I am experiencing health issues. I’ve been dealing with irregular periods for years and years now which i’ll talk more about that another time, my knees are hurting, I don’t have as much energy, and most of all carpel tunnel is triggering even more now because of me gaining weight. So with all that said it’s time to focus on everything else, and focus on my health.
Obviously when it comes to focusing on my health that means losing weight and changing my eating habits…..
I have decided to go back on the low carb/ketogenic diet. For the month of January I am not doing any cheat meals just so I can get my mental space and body back on board, and then from that point on when there are an family events, holidays, birthdays, or date nights, I will have a cheat MEAL… not day! My ultimate goal is to NOT be on a low carb diet, lose weight, and eat like shit again. I want to make this a lifestyle. So I need to train my brain that 95% of the time I need to eat healthy and the other 5% I can enjoy, but in moderation. So for example, Valentine’s Day will most likely be our first ‘cheat’ for the year (since I’m not doing any cheat meals in January), but because I know VDay will be a cheat… I’m NOT going to take advantage of that and eat everything in the world in that day. I want to eat a good/clean breakfast and lunch and then enjoy what I want for dinner, but also not overeating! Then the very next day go right back on track! That is my ultimate goal. I want to have a good relationship with making decisions with food.
And when it comes to exercise, I definitely want to incorporate it, BUT it’s not going to be a priority right away. I personally feel that you need to get your nutrition right first and once you have that down, exercise can follow. Not saying that’s what everyone should do, but FOR ME… that’s what I am going to do. So i’m not worrying about working out until possibly a few weeks to a month in, and then we’ll see how I feel based on that.
I want to document this entire process, so I’ve decided that I’m going to share this whole experience of my weightless journey on YouTube. I plan on doing either a weekly or bi-weekly weight-loss vlog. I’ll be sharing my journey all from my grocery hauls, favorite food items and meals, recipes, my challenges, my accomplishments, to everything! So, be sure to follow along there!
Also, if you are reading this and you are something (like me) that has been struggling with weight-loss and healthy, just know you are NOT alone! You got this and you can do it. Don’t give up on yourself because you are totally worth it, even if you don’t think so yourself!
Leave a Reply