Well I was hoping I can come here with a successful update on my hair loss, but unfortunately it’s not. *crying deep down inside*
But truth be told is that the last time I wrote about my hair loss, which you can read here and was over a year ago I started to work on the progress to re-grow my hair, but then stopped doing so about a month after. Well, fast forward to a year later, more hair is gone and hair is thinning even more.
So, along with my health journey, I’m also focusing on restoring my hair! I know that hair loss can be genetic, which in my case could very possibly be it, but I will only be able to determine that once I know I’m taking care of myself and taking the supplements I need daily. Once i’m on a healthy schedule for a while and notice no difference, that’s when I can determine that my case is more genetic more than anything. Until then, I’m re-starting my hair loss journey and documenting it all.
So here it is… Day 1
As you can see in the pictures above, when I put my hair up, you can see all the bald spots throughout the sides. Also the pictures above is how greasy my hair gets just from not washing it for 1 day!
As far as hair care products, I have always suffered from dandruff, practically my entire life, so I’m constantly trying to find a shampoo that works for me. I can’t use any shampoos with sulfate or parabens in it. So, i’m back to using Head & Shoulders. I honestly don’t see a difference since using this shampoo, so I may have to find something else once this is gone. Another thing is that I don’t wash my hair everyday, which I know you are not suppose to, but maybe that’s the issue. I never has seen a dermatologists regarding this, but have been told to try and wash my hair everyday instead of a few times a week.
So what’s going to be my new ritual to stimulate new hair growth?
- First, is taking vitamins. Below is what I’ve been taking for the past 6 days now. I am typically horrible at taking vitamins, but have made it a priority to place my vitamins out on a small dish and place it by the stove. This has actually helped me, since I pretty much cook everyday!
- Vitamin C- 1 pill everyday
- Turmeric- 2 pills everyday
- Vitamin D- 1 pill everyday
- Iron- 1 pill everyday
- Women’s Multi-Vitamin- 1 everyday
- Hair, Skin, Nails Vitamin- 3 everyday
- Magnesium- 2 everyday
- Raw Zinc- 2 everyday
- Capelli- 2 everyday
2. Also, drinking a ton of water! I’ve been SOOO bad at drinking water, and I know water is the cure for so many things. So, trying to drink as much water as I can. I’m starting with at least 8 glasses everyday and will start to go up to a gallon!
3. Eating healthy. Really focusing my health this year and the food decisions that I’m making. Not saying, that I wont be able to enjoy myself anymore, because that’s not the case, but being able to be on a healthy journey 95% of the time.
So, those are the 3 main things I’m going to change, with also possibly washing my hair every other day. I may wait on that to see if things start changing with these 3 changes, and If I don’t see any change than incorporating washing my hair every other day or even daily.
I’ll keep you posted on my progress within the next couple of months. I’m thinking of either doing a monthly hair update or bi-monthly hair update. Also, if you deal with hair loss or dandruff and had to go to washing your hair daily, please let me know down below. I would love to know your thoughts!