I was talking to my cousin the other day, as her birthday is coming up within the next 2 weeks and she’s nearing the age of 30, and as we were talking to her, my sister and I mentioned that she better enjoy the years left before she turns 30 because that’s when your health problems start kicking in.
So that made me think why? Why when you turn 30 do health issues start? Obviously it doesn’t happen the day you turn 30, so for those that aren’t 30 yet, don’t be scared (LOL), but more health issues start appearing, when you are in your 30s. Is it more mental than anything? I don’t know, but before I turned 30 I didn’t have any health issues. Now that I’m 32, my knees hurt, back pain, carpel tunnel strikes, gas pains like no other (LOL), and it goes on.
So, I decided to do some research, and felt the need to share in case you are interested on why turning 30, health issues occur more often than in your 20s…..
- When you turn 30 you start to lose muscle mass. The less active you are the more muscle mass you lose within a decade. So a good way to build your muscle mass is to do strength training. Strength training will create small muscle tears in the tissue, which will help your muscles re-build.
- Your metabolism starts slowing down. It is said that strength training will also help with keeping your metabolism up. When you burn calories, it increases your muscle mass, which also boosts your metabolism. Drinking green tea helps with boosting your metabolic state.
- Not taking care of our skin. Research shows that those that are in the age of 30 still do not properly take care of their skin, and still treat it as if they were still teenagers. The biggest of all is NOT using sunscreen. Sunscreen should be used even when you are barely going outside and on all parts of your body. Mineral sunscreens is best. I actually wrote an entire blog post here on sunscreen and the difference between mineral SPF and chemical SPF.
- Hormonal changes. This not only occurs for just women, but men experience hormonal changes too. Both male/female starts to produce less hormones once you are in your 30s. The best type of exercise to help regulate hormones is high intensity workouts also known as HIIT. Yoga may help as well.
- Bone Loss. Once you are in your 30s you are losing bone more than it being replaced. This can be a negative effect on your balance and strength. So making sure to take calcium and exercising is very important to bone loss.
So there you have it. Our bones are hurting because of bone loss. Back and knee pain because of muscle mass loss. Wrinkles because we aren’t wearing sunscreen, gas pain because of metabolism change, and loss of patience because of hormonal changes (LMAO)! I had to add that in for great laughs!
Don’t forget to save this post to your Pinterest!