Valentine’s Day may be a little bit different this year just as many other holidays/occasions have been. But just because it may be different and/or not normal…. doesn’t mean you can still have a good time with your loved ones. In fact, I wanted to share some ideas with all in case you aren’t sure what to exactly do for Valentine’s Day and still show your love….
1. Make a special Valentine’s Day Breakfast– instead of a typical bacon and eggs… go all out. Either make something new thats you haven’t before like chicken & waffles or biscuits and gravy and throw in some delicious donuts, cinnamon rolls, or monkey bread for some breakfast desserts. You can also take the next step and create heart shaped pancakes or waffles.
2. Create your own pizzas– Make a fun dinner and create your own pizzas. You can either make pizza dough from scratch or purchase pizza dough from Trader Joes. Pick up some mozzarella cheese, marinara sauce, and all the toppings you want. Let everyone have fun in creating their own master piece. I tell ya, it’s make a great and fun night! Don’t forget to pop open a bottle of wine!
3. Favorite take out and movie night– If you don’t feel like cooking but also not looking to go eat at a restaurant, order your favorite take out and pick a movie to watch. Make it a little special and move some furniture around, throw a blanket on the ground, add some pillows, and even light up some candles.
4. Picnic at the park– If you are skeptical on being around so many people, a park in a green grassy area is a great way to get outdoors and still be able to somewhat separate yourselves from others. Either order your favorite restaurant to-go or if you feel like cooking, do that too! Bring some yummy desserts to snack on at the park too!
5. Dinner and your favorite dessert spot– We personally feel comfortable in our city to have dinner at restaurants, but of course still taking all the pre-cautions and of course wearing our masks and always sanitizing. So, if you are like us, make reservations to your favorite restaurant, and have a special dinner together…. NO PHONES! Conversate and enjoy each other! After dinner go to your favorite ice-cream shop or dessert place and enjoy some sweets!